Quick one this morning: Now through July 7th, save $50 on a $200 hotel booking when you use the Expedia app. Here’s how:
- Go here and give them your cell phone number (yeah, I know…if you don’t want the $50 coupon then don’t give them your number)
- They’ll text you a coupon code and a link to the app. (The code you receive may say $25 off initially, but when you apply it, it will be for $50)
- Download the app.
- Book the hotel and use the code (it’s a one-time use code). Voila, you’ve saved $50.
Groupon is offering a voucher for $4/day parking at Newark Liberty Parking (right outside the airport). You can get 1 day for $4; 3 days for $12; 5 days for $20; or 14 days for $55.
It’s park yourself, but there are vans to drop you off at the airport and pick you up when you arrive.
The fine print:
There’s a $4 Port Authority fee on top of the voucher price.
The vouchers aren’t valid 11/23-11/30 and 12/23-1/2/2014.
Must purchase by Sunday, October 27th.
Expires April 23, 2014
BUY THE VOUCHER NOW>>
Great deals brought to you by Classbuxx - earn cash back for your school when you shop!
As I mentioned a couple of weeks ago, I’ve recently launched a new site called Classbuxx.com that’s like eBates, only the cash back that you earn is given to your child’s school (tell your friends with kids!).
Today I thought I’d share some of the better offers available through the site for this holiday weekend (at least it’s a holiday weekend for my office)…
– Living Social is offering 15% off all their deals (plus earn 1.6% cash back).
– Macy’s has 20% off sitewide plus free shipping over $99 (plus 2.5% Cash Back). Offer ends tonight.
– Kohl’s offers 20% off everything sitewide (plus 3.25% cash back). Expires tonight.
– Take an extra 30% off sale styles at PUMA (plus 5% cash back).
– Justice and Brothers are both offering 40% off sitewide PLUS an additional 20% off sitewide through tonight (plus 3.5% cash back).
– The Children’s Place offers 25% off your $50 order (plus 4% cash back). Offer expires tonight.
– Toms Shoes is offering $10 off $40 with free shipping sitewide (plus 6% cash back). Offer expires tonight.
– Levi’s has 30% off sitewide PLUS free shipping (and 6.5% cash back). Offer expires tonight.
– Lands’ End has 35% off regular priced outerwear (plus 3% cash back). Offer expires tonight.
Just a quick reminder: Norway-based lowfare airline Norwegian is expanding their US service to include JFK, Orlando, Ft Lauderdale, Oakland and Los Angeles in the coming year. And that means that there are some old-school low fares to Scandinavia available.
In the springtime, JFK – Oslo is about $500 round trip, taxes included. But perhaps more useful is that, unlike nearly every other airline flying trans-Atlantic, their fares are priced one-way. While United is charging $1900 for a one-way ticket to Oslo, Norwegian has fares around $236 (taxes included) for select dates through May. Return flights always seem to be a bit more.
But if you need a cheap trip over to Europe – keep them in mind. You may find it worth buying the cheap ticket over, and then use miles for the return. Or if you’re super cheap you can get that $236 ticket for about 19,000 Ultimate Rewards points (don’t let anyone pooh-pooh how you use your points…you want a 19,000 point ticket to Europe? Go for it).
Flights are available to Oslo, Stockholm and Copenhagen. Many flights are on 787s, though they’re going to charge you about $70 if you want a seat selection and some food.
This is actually a really good deal:
ANA is offering a 30% discount off the miles required when you use your ANA miles to redeem on Air New Zealand. ANA, you may remember, has a mileage-based chart that has some pretty solid redemptions on it (hello, New York – London for 63,000 miles in business class). This offer opens up another great opportunity: roundtrip tickets from LA to Auckland are just 42,000 miles in coach and 63,000 miles in business class – about half what you’d pay if you were redeeming United miles. Plus, ANA does not add ridiculous fuel surcharges to Air New Zealand ticket.
Another good opportunity is Air New Zealand’s Los Angeles – London service, which clocks in at just under 11,000 miles, meaning you can get a coach ticket for 38,500 miles or a business class ticket for 59,500 miles. A great deal.
You can transfer points into ANA from Starwood (plus that 5,000 mile bonus for transferring 20,000 points), or from Membership Rewards.
Tickets must be booked by December 15th and travel completed by December 19th. Only good on ANZ metal, and while domestic connections are included, the offer is not good on itineraries ONLY within New Zealand.
Full details here.
It’s not travel, but it’s a good deal:
Living Social is offering $10 off a $20 purchase tonight (August 20th) only from 7pm to Midnight (Eastern Time).
Click this link, then enter code SOAKUP in the promo code box.
I’ll be purchasing this Source Vista iPhone Recharge Case (I also have no idea what Source Vista is), but it’s $21 minus the $10 from the coupon, so for $11 I can’t go wrong. Or I’ll go wrong but it’ll only cost me $11.
If you missed the $125 off Travelocity offer earlier this week, there’s another pretty good deal today that will get you 15% off a $300 GOODBUY hotel PLUS an additional $50 off. Here’s how:
1) Sync your American Express card to Twitter (details here).
2) Then Tweet #AmexTravelocityOffer to get $50 off $250 in hotels at Travelocity for stays through October 31st. The credit will appear directly on your Amex statement.
(Alternatively, you can Sync your Amex card to Facebook and you’ll see the same offer).
3) Use code 48HR75E when you reserve a 2-night hotel worth at least $300 and you’ll save $75 immediately (it must be a GoodBuy hotel – it will say it on the hotel listing — there are lots, though Starwood Hotels are excluded).
Voila, you’ve saved at least $95 on your hotel booking. Book this offer now.
(Offer expires at 12:59am Eastern Time on August 3rd).
I’ve had some wacky technical issues with OTR today (that I hope are now fixed, which they are if you are reading this) so I apologize for getting this deal up so late:
Through a combination of the following 2 offers, you can get $125 off $300 worth of hotels when you book at Travelocity. Here’s how it works:
1) Sync your American Express card to Twitter (details here).
2) Then Tweet #AmexTravelocityOffer to get $50 off $200 in hotels at Travelocity. The credit will appear directly on your Amex statement.
3) Use code 48HR75E when you reserve a 2-night hotel worth at least $300 and you’ll save $75 immediately (it must be a GoodBuy hotel – it will say it on the hotel listing — there are lots, don’t worry).
Voila, you’ve saved $125 on your hotel booking. Book this offer now.
Unfortunately this expires at midnight tonight (July 31st).
We haven’t seen low, low fares to Europe in quite some time, but I thought I’d give credit where it’s due and let you know that Travelzoo just sent out a note that fares from New York to Dublin from November to March are in the $510 round trip range (taxes included!), which is lower than I’ve seen it in a few years. Flights are available on Delta, though similarly priced flights seem to also be available on American and British Airways (for a few dollars more).
Now that Travelzoo has sent out there email it looks like availability is dropping, but there are flights out there in that range. Have fun in the cold and rain.
Jetsetter is offering (basically) $400 off an Upper Class or Premium Economy ticket between Newark or JFK and London for departures through August 31st. The actual deal is that you buy a $1,000 voucher for $600 (ie, $400 off).
Tickets are only good on the 745am flight out of Newark and the 830pm return flight to Newark (ie, the flights you don’t want); or the 725am departure from JFK and the 805pm return from London (ie, the other flights you don’t want).
Summer Premium Economy tickets run about $1800 before the discount and Upper Class tickets are about $2500 before the discount, so it’ll make that Premium Economy ticket close to the regular Coach price. Not bad.
Details on the deal are here.
If you need a Jetsetter Invitation, you can click through here.