- JetBlue will launch nonstop service to Curacao (my favorite Caribbean island) beginning in December 2014. Twice weekly nonstop service from JFK will be available Tuesdays and Saturdays. Roundtrip fares start at a reasonable $325 or so.
- Ameircan Airlines will launch service from Miami to Cap Haitien in northern Haiti beginning in October, becoming the first international airline to serve that airport.
- KLM is ending longstanding service to
Luanda Lusaka, Zambia.
- Seaport Airlines (?) is launching nonstop service between San Diego and Burbank. Fares start at $77 each way.
- United is dropping San Francisco – Guadelajara on September 22nd.
- Anyone looking for an upgraded business class experience — American Airlines will run 5 (of its 7) daily flights between JFK and Miami on 757s with international business class configurations (angled lie-flat).