The Lufthansa Premier Miles & More Mastercard is back to a total 50,000 mile bonus. Rather than rehash, I’ll just copy what I wrote back in October the last time they did this (damn I’m lazy!)
You may remember a few months back that you were hearing incessantly about the Lufthansa Mastercard offering a 50,000 mile bonus? It’s back. The highlights:
– 20,000 miles after first purchase
– 30,000 more miles after spending $5,000 in 3 months.
– $79 annual fee is not waived.
– Among the better uses of those miles are on United domestically (or to South America) , as there are no fuel surcharges on those. If you redeem on United to anywhere else they’re going to kill you with fuel surcharges.
– It’s a Barclays card, so if you’ve applied for one of their other cards (hello, Barclays Arrival or US Airways card) in the past 6 months, you may be rejected initially. They look kindly on people actually using the cards they issue so I always put some spend on my US Airways card specifically for this reason.
– Although I haven’t churned this card, the Barclays US Airways card IS certainly churnable. I’d still make sure there was 6 months since a Barclays application….
– Is it a good deal? It’s basically 2 domestic round trip tickets on United for $79. Hard to argue with that (unless, of course, you’ve recently gotten a Barclays card…