- US Airways’ 90k North Asia business class award is now 110k miles.
- You can no longer add on the “free one way” with a stopover at the domestic hub.
- There are now 3 tiers of redemption.
- Oneworld Explorer tickets (which were useful on round-the-world tickets) are no longer possible.
Those are the “highlights” – you can read the details in the linked articles above. People are pissed because there was no notice.
But here are the 2 things I wanted to say:
1) Remember yesterday when I said everyone should calm-the-hell-down about buying US Airways miles for 1.1 cents each and wait until they have a specific trip in mind to purchase them? This is another reason…
2) As a hedge against news that is going to make you angry, you should buy shares in each of the airlines you fly. That way, when they make decisions that will benefit shareholders while upsetting travelers, you’ve hedged yourself.