A few little things for your Presidents’ Day reading pleasure:
- As every other blog on the planet has noted (sorry – I slept in this morning!) the Barclays Arrival card will be upping its minimum spend to earn the $400 bonus from $1,000 to $3,000 at some point in the near future (It’s $3,000 as of February 20). Barclays generally makes you wait 6 months between apps, so if you haven’t gotten another Barclays card in the past 6 months, now may be the time to consider. My affiliate link here.
- Poor, poor PeoplExpress — not the old poor, poor PeoplExpress, the new one that has been trying to fly out of Newport News, VA. They were buying Xtra Airways and then were said to have purchased Ryan International Airlines as a way of getting an operating certificate. It now appears that neither of those purchases has gone through, meaning that it is pretty unlikely we’ll ever see them take to the skies.
- Looks like California Pacific also will never launch.
- I hope you didn’t want a Cuban visa, because they’re not issuing them right now.
- Singapore-based lowfare airline Scoot will launch 787 service to Japan, Australia and Taiwan this November.