Based on what I’ve seen elsewhere, there is still some confusion (including my own confusion) around which US Airways flights earn United miles, now that US Airways is owned by American. Here we go…Until March 30th:
- US Airways flights on US Airways metal will earn United miles, as they always have.
- US Airways flights that are a codeshare with American Airlines that are on American Airlines metal will NOT earn United miles.
- US Airways Express flights operated by any of their express partners WILL earn United miles.
- Keep in mind that Republic flights Express flights for both US Airways and American. That is confusing. Just saying.
- American Airlines codeshare flights that are operated by US Airways WILL earn United miles.
The rule of thumb is that the operating carrier determines whether you’ll earn miles with United.