– I don’t even fully understand this, but Kuwait Airways’ chairman was in talks to purchase 5 A330s from Jet Airways. When news of the talks was announced, Kuwait’s Transport Minister suspended the Chairman of the airline. I don’t get it either, but that’s what happens when governments are involved in airline ownership.
– Albania’s lowfare carrier Belle Air has suspended operations. The airline served 25 destinations, including many in Italy.
– Turkish Airways will offer 3X weekly service to Montreal beginning in June.
– I loved this piece of advice from the Wall Street Journal about how to save money on Spirit by not buying water on board: “Order a glass of ice—which is the one free thing on board—and wait for it to melt.”
– This British Airways billboard in Piccadilly Circus displays the flight number and destination of BA planes flying overhead. Worth a look.
– Hawaiian Airlines is launching nonstop 3X/weekly service to Beijing from Honolulu beginning in April.
– Royal Jordanian is looking to start nonstop service from Amman to Miami and Los Angeles beginning mid-2014, which would connect nicely with American Airlines service at Miami.