We generally hear about the same credit card offers over and over again, but there are a number of offers available that are better than the bonuses that are widely advertised by different travel companies and card issuers. I thought it would be useful to pull together a list of the unadvertised offers that are available (these are not the targeted offers that are only good to the individuals who receive them via email or in regular mail – people have been approved for these regardless of whether they received an invitation.
- Marriott Premier Rewards Visa usually offers 50,000 points after $1,000 spend in 3 months, but if you use this link, you can earn 70,000 points after $1,000 spend in 3 months. Plus you’ll get a free night stay at a category 1-4 hotel, and a free night stay at a category 1-5 hotel after you’ve had the card for 1 year. First year free, $85 after.
- IHG Rewards Club Select Visa usually offers 60,000 points after $1,000 in 3 months. Using this link you’ll get 80,000 points after $1,000 in 3 months, plus a free night certificate. First year free, $49 after.
- Citi Hilton Honors Visa Signature advertises 40,000 points after spending $1,000 in 4 months. This link gives you 50,000 points after $1,000 spend in 4 months.
- US Airways Premier World Mastercard offer 30,000 miles after first purchase, $89 fee not waived. But there are 2 other options that may be better for you. This link offers 40,000 miles after first purchase, $89 fee not waived. This link gets you 35,000 miles after first purchase, with the first year fee waived. You’re basically paying $89 for the extra 5,000 miles.
- American Airlines Citi Platinum Select Mastercard usually offers 30,000 miles after $3,000 spend. Through this link you’ll get 50,000 miles after $3,000 spend in 3 months with the $95 annual fee waived the first year.
- Alaska Airlines Visa Signature generally offers a 25,000 mile bonus after approval with a $75 annual fee. Through this link you’ll get 30,000 miles after approval with a $75 annual fee. This card is extremely churnable so you can basically buy 30,000 miles for $75 all day long.
- Mercedes-Benz Platinum American Express. The regular Platinum Amex generally offer 25,000 Membership Rewards points after $2,000 spend, with a $475 annual fee. The Mercedes-Benz version through this link offers 50,000 points after $3,000 spend in 3 months with the $475 annual fee.
- Blue Cash Preferred from American Express. This is a great card that I use – 6% cash back on groceries and 3% cash back on gas (up to $6,000/year on groceries – so you max out at $360 in cash back from grocery stores). $75 fee is not waived.
Any others I’m forgetting?