– Aeroflot says that it gets no benefit from being in SkyTeam and wants out. They’re especially annoyed with Delta (said someone at Aeroflot, “There is no point in cooperating with them…”).
– For some reason a Qantas ground worker dressed up as a pilot and sat in the cockpit of an A380 during a flight from Sydney to Dubai.
– The Park Hyatt Siem Reap (near Angkor Wat in Cambodia) opens August 1st, and it’s only a Category 4 so you can grab a room there for just 15,000 points. I was there a dozen years ago before the hotel building boom and the idea that there’s a Park Hyatt there just seems funny to me.
– Singapore Airlines will begin serving schmancy Illy Monoarabica coffee in premium cabins.
– And finally, I’m an airline livery guy, and I do love the new Iraqi Airways colors here (sorry, they won’t let me embed…)