I’m away for 2 days for work, and a whole bunch of nonsense piles up, including:
– United is adding Saturday-only nonstop service from Newark to St. Lucia beginning July 13th. Fly down with United miles and fly back on American, which has more frequent flights.
– If there is a worse flight in the Western Hemisphere than this flight departing Sao Paulo at 2:50am and arriving at 1010am in Havana on a Russian-made Ilyushin Il96, I don’t know what it is.
– Delta is now offering free drinks, newspaper and snacks on their flights between JFK & SFO/LAX (inasmuch as paying $89 for those things is “free”).
– US Airways is running one of their never-ending 100% bonus mile promotions, when you buy 30,000-50,000 miles. 100,000 miles will cost you $1750. You decide whether it’s worth it.
– F-U Spirit, JetBlue is launching nonstop FT Lauderdale – Lima, Peru service.
– A man with tourette’s syndrome was denied boarding after he said “bomb” before boarding a flight.
– The AP is reporting that American Airlines will begin hourly shuttle service between NY and LAX ni early 2014.