I’m back from a quick work trip to Palm Springs, and I thought I’d catch up on a few things:
- I was upgraded on 3 legs on United, but on 1 leg on an A320 I sat coach in the exit row. The exit row in coach had the most legroom of the 3 aircraft I flew on in business class (A320, 757, CRJ). Am I crazy, or is that exit row a more comfortable experience? (especially with the middle seat empty).
- Larry Ellison, the founder of Oracle, has purchased Island Air, which will fit in nicely with the island of Lana’i, which he also owns.
- Frontier flights are no longer for sale on Expedia because the two parties cannot agree on costs.
- California Pacific, the Carlsbad-based startup that has been trying to launch for a year now, has requested an extension until March 10th from the FAA to finalize some paperwork and hire a operations director. They hope to be flying by the fall.
- United Airlines has officially canceled all 787 flights through June 5th.