As they announced they would do earlier this year, United is now reimbursing Platinum Elite and 1K members for their $100 Global Entry fee. As I’ve mentioned here before, Global Entry (which allows you to skip the passport control line when you return to the US from overseas) is the best government initiative since Emancipation (a very, very distant 2nd to Emancipation, to be clear).
If you’re United 1K or Platinum, here’s how you’ll get reimbursed:
Request your personalized code from United:
1. Visit united.com/globalentrycompensation and log in.
2. Within one business day you will receive confirmation via email that your personalized code is ready. Follow the instructions on the email to retrieve your personalized code.
3. Print or save the screen with your personalized code. You will need the information exactly as it appears on this screen when you complete your Global Entry application.
Apply for Global Entry through the CBP site:
1. After you receive your personalized code from United, visit the Global Online Enrollment System (GOES).
2. Register for a GOES account. If you have already registered, log in as an existing GOES user.
3. On the welcome page, you can begin the application process. Remember, when prompted, enter your personalized code exactly as it was provided to you.