Fairmont Hotels has released its first credit card, and it’s on par with (or at least pretty similar to) the benefits you get with the Hyatt card. The highlights of the Fairmont Visa Signature card:
– 2 free nights with breakfast at any Fairmont worldwide after $1,000 spend in 3 months
– 5 Fairmont Rewards points for Fairmont spend; 2 points for air, car rental and transit/commuting charges; 1 point everywhere else (in addition to room nights, points are redeemable for a variety of gift cards at 1 penny per point)
– 1 free night each year if you spend $12,000 the year before
– Base level Elite members earn 1 additional Elite credit after $7,500 in spend, up to 2 per year
– Premier and Platinum members gets 1 upgrade certificate each year. Premier members get 2 $25 dining certificates; Platinum members get 4 $25 dining certificates.
– No foreign transaction fees
Yes, Fairmont is primarily known as a chain with properties in Canada. But they do have some wonderful properties around the world (full list here), including the Kea Lani in Maui and the Plaza in NYC.
That said, it is a Chase card, and there are lots of great Chase cards. Unless you frequent Fairmonts (or are planning a specific trip where a property would make sense), you will probably want to hold off simply because there aren’t a huge number of properties to choose from. But if a Fairmont stay IS in your plans, this is a solid offer, on par with the better bonuses out there.
(Fairmont Chase Visa Application link — I don’t get an affiliate referral)