I thought I’d pass along some odds and ends published elsewhere, rather than re-hash them in detail here:
– A teenager missed her flight because TSA agents were concerned about her purse, which featured a gun design on it.
– A couple of drunk Research in Motion employees on a flight from Toronto to Beijing became unruly while the aircraft was somewhere over Alaska, and the pilot turned around and dropped them off in Vancouver rather than risk continuing to China.
– According to this thread, Cathay Pacific will launch nonstop Hong Kong – Newark service beginning in March.
– Get a 30% bonus when you transfer Membership Rewards points into British Airways Avios points.
– Earn a 100% bonus on miles you purchase from US Airways. This comes out to 1.75 cents per mile – not great, but not bad if you need to top off. I know that some people advocate buying enough miles (say 90k miles for a biz class trip to Asia for about $1800), but I’m not that kinda guy.