Read more »

"/>

Woman Sues Virgin Australia Because Unborn Child Got Food Poisoning

Renee Cherry, a passenger on a 2009 Virgin Australia flight from Brisbane to Melbourne, is suing the airline after, she claims, her unborn child suffered food poisoning when she ate a tainted chicken roll during the trip. Cherry, who came down with Listeria after eating the meal, claims that her as-then-unborn fetus suffered “anxiety” among other ailments. The baby was born two months later and, she says, has since suffered developmental delays.

Her lawyers say that the event is “every mother’s worst nightmare,” though I’ve never met a mother who has dreamed of eating a bad chicken roll on a Virgin Australia flight.

Did you enjoy this post?
Sign Up to Receive 1 Email Each Day
Join the more than 7000+ people who get 1 email each day with all the airline news, credit card ideas and general nonsense we've provided for more than 10 years.

Leave a Comment


NOTE - You can use these HTML tags and attributes:
<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>