1) Delta has one unaccompanied minor traveling from Spokane to Boston via Minneapolis and another unaccompanied minor traveling from Spokane to Cleveland via Minneapolis.
2) The two children are on the same Spokane to Minneapolis flight.
3) Upon arrival for their connection in Minneapolis, paperwork is accidentally switched (like when Mike Brady is supposed to present architectural drawings at a meeting in Cincinnati but for reasons that aren’t important here opens up his plans only to find it switched with a poster of Yogi Bear).
4) Girl bound for Cleveland is placed on flight to Boston and vice versa.
6) In one of the odder quotes of the year, Delta’s spokesperson said they, “re-accommodated the children to their final destination cities at no cost” (nice to know they waived the change fee).
7) Kids return to their correct cities.