Longtime OTR readers know that I don’t do trip reports, but I thought I’d pass along a few quick thoughts about my trip over to Warsaw & Amsterdam yesterday:
– At JFK, whoever thought it would be funny to put the El Al gate immediately between the Royal Jordanian gate and the Etihad gate was correct – I laughed when I walked by.
– Whoever thought it would be funny for LOT Airlines to sell duty free items at 3am with the lights on in the cabin, well – that was not funny.
– Star Alliance should be ashamed that LOT’s pathetic trans-Atlantic 767 service is part of the Alliance’s service offering. Projected movies and ancient interior do not a great trip make.
– Star Alliance should be proud of LOT’s solid intra-Europe Embraer 170 service. New planes, decent pitch and food.
– The ridiculous blizzard in Warsaw canceled my plans to spend the day in the city. However, unlike in the US, they allowed me to standby for free.
– I have never seen a plane as decimated as the LOT 767 after we landed in Warsaw. I think I mentioned that the last time I flew, the KLM 747 looked as if nobody had been on it after 7 hours. This was whatever is the opposite of that. Revolting.
That was all…just thought you’d like to know…