I was pleased with the response from last Friday’s Top 5 747 routes Delta flew that made no sense. Along those lines I bring you the Top 5 Airlines I’ve been surprised to learn Fly (or Flew) 747s:
– Surinam Airways. Because of the distance from Surinam back to Amsterdam there was probably a point at which a 747 made sense. Nah. Check out the awesome circa-1973 font, though, on the livery.
– Cameroon Airlines. The vaguely Indian, vaguely psychedelic font on their livery is even better than that on Surinam Airways. Seriously, why did Cameroon need 747s?
– Air Madagascar. Sure, it’s an island thousands of miles from anywhere. Again, great font.
– Ernest Angley Ministries. When I lived in Cleveland Ernest Angley used to have an absolutely awesome televangelist show from his home base in Akron. Badly lip-synching singers were the cherry on the sundae of mangled scripture and a terrible toupee. But for some reason he flies this awesome 747-SP. Even God is impressed.
– Air Gabon. Quite a disappointing font for an airline that has no reason to own a 747.