Cranky does a full overview of the changes United is now implmenting in its service, but here are the low…er…highlights:
– No more free food in coach on trans-Atlantic flights.
– Raised prices on buy-on-board meals.
– Removing pretzels and biscotti on flights up to 1149 miles.
– Basically eliminating business class on aircraft configured as 3-classes in the US. You’ll get the good seat, but that’s it. (if you fly United a lot, this will mean something to you; if not, keep moving, nothing to see here, please disperse)
– Removing pre-arrival snack in PS service.
More and more, Southwest is looking like a full service carrier.
United should change their musical theme from Gershwin’s “Rhapsody in Blue” to his “I Got Plenty O’ Nothing.”